ccording to a new Washington Post/ABC News poll released on Wednesday, 78 percent of respondents said they approved of President Obama's response to Hurricane Sandy, which ravaged the Eastern Seaboard earlier this week. The poll came out as Obama toured stricken areas of New Jersey with Republican Governor Chris Christie, who has effusively praised the president for his outreach and cooperation, giving Obama a helpful bipartisan boost just days before the presidential election.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Easter's deadly Ukrainian checkpoint battle makes no sense
- How to flirt, according to science
Subscribe to the Week