ccording to a new Washington Post/ABC News poll released on Wednesday, 78 percent of respondents said they approved of President Obama's response to Hurricane Sandy, which ravaged the Eastern Seaboard earlier this week. The poll came out as Obama toured stricken areas of New Jersey with Republican Governor Chris Christie, who has effusively praised the president for his outreach and cooperation, giving Obama a helpful bipartisan boost just days before the presidential election.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- The one simple thing that can make you much more impressive
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi dismantles another ObamaCare myth
- How to take the perfect profile picture for online dating, according to science
Subscribe to the Week