ccording to a new Washington Post/ABC News poll released on Wednesday, 78 percent of respondents said they approved of President Obama's response to Hurricane Sandy, which ravaged the Eastern Seaboard earlier this week. The poll came out as Obama toured stricken areas of New Jersey with Republican Governor Chris Christie, who has effusively praised the president for his outreach and cooperation, giving Obama a helpful bipartisan boost just days before the presidential election.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: April 23, 2014
- Why Mindy Kaling — not Lena Dunham — is the body positive icon of the moment
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
Subscribe to the Week