ecretary of State Hillary Clinton on Wednesday called for an overhaul of the leadership of Syria's rebel opposition, which is locked in a bloody stalemate with the regime of President Bashar al-Assad. Making her remarks during a visit to Croatia, Clinton said the Syrian National Council, composed largely of Syrian exiles, should be augmented with those on "the front lines fighting and dying to obtain their freedom." Analysts said the shift marked a more proactive attempt by the Obama administration to craft a more credible opposition movement.
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- Is it possible to live forever?
- No, Obama doesn't have to fire everybody in the White House
- How America's unions can reinvent themselves in the new economy
- 6 photos that Facebook controversially banned
- 11 languages spoken by 11 people or fewer
- How to make the perfect hot chocolate
Subscribe to the Week