James Harden, formerly a star shooting guard for the Oklahoma City Thunder, on Wednesday agreed to a five-year, $80 million contract with the Houston Rockets. Harden, famous for his pharaoh-like beard, broke the hearts of Thunder fans when he turned down a four-year, $52 million contract extension, which facilitated his trade to Houston. The 23-year-old was a central figure in the Thunder squad that reached the NBA Finals last season, where they lost to the Miami Heat.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Why America is duty-bound to help Iraqi Christians
- 10 things you need to know today: July 22, 2014
- 29 adorable slang terms for sex (from the last 600 years)
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week