James Harden, formerly a star shooting guard for the Oklahoma City Thunder, on Wednesday agreed to a five-year, $80 million contract with the Houston Rockets. Harden, famous for his pharaoh-like beard, broke the hearts of Thunder fans when he turned down a four-year, $52 million contract extension, which facilitated his trade to Houston. The 23-year-old was a central figure in the Thunder squad that reached the NBA Finals last season, where they lost to the Miami Heat.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- 10 things you need to know today: November 21, 2014
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
Subscribe to the Week