James Harden, formerly a star shooting guard for the Oklahoma City Thunder, on Wednesday agreed to a five-year, $80 million contract with the Houston Rockets. Harden, famous for his pharaoh-like beard, broke the hearts of Thunder fans when he turned down a four-year, $52 million contract extension, which facilitated his trade to Houston. The 23-year-old was a central figure in the Thunder squad that reached the NBA Finals last season, where they lost to the Miami Heat.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- 4 strategies for organizing your money, based on your personality
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How America's broken immigration system is failing the military
Subscribe to the Week