James Harden, formerly a star shooting guard for the Oklahoma City Thunder, on Wednesday agreed to a five-year, $80 million contract with the Houston Rockets. Harden, famous for his pharaoh-like beard, broke the hearts of Thunder fans when he turned down a four-year, $52 million contract extension, which facilitated his trade to Houston. The 23-year-old was a central figure in the Thunder squad that reached the NBA Finals last season, where they lost to the Miami Heat.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Could better U.S.-Cuban relations thwart baseball's human smuggling problem?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week