James Harden, formerly a star shooting guard for the Oklahoma City Thunder, on Wednesday agreed to a five-year, $80 million contract with the Houston Rockets. Harden, famous for his pharaoh-like beard, broke the hearts of Thunder fans when he turned down a four-year, $52 million contract extension, which facilitated his trade to Houston. The 23-year-old was a central figure in the Thunder squad that reached the NBA Finals last season, where they lost to the Miami Heat.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- The week's best photojournalism
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week