A gunman shot four people in Los Angeles early Thursday, outside a Halloween party on the University of Southern California campus. One of the four victims, the apparent target of the attack, is in critical condition; the other three had non-life-threatening injuries. USC said a suspect is in custody, but is still urging people on campus to stay home and keep their doors closed. Police believe the gunman isn't a USC student.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
Subscribe to the Week