A gunman shot four people in Los Angeles early Thursday, outside a Halloween party on the University of Southern California campus. One of the four victims, the apparent target of the attack, is in critical condition; the other three had non-life-threatening injuries. USC said a suspect is in custody, but is still urging people on campus to stay home and keep their doors closed. Police believe the gunman isn't a USC student.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
Subscribe to the Week