s rescuers search houses all across the Northeast, the death toll from superstorm Sandy continues to rise, with 82 now counted among the dead in North America. Officials warn that the number could continue to climb. In the New York City borough of Staten Island, 15 bodies have been recovered. In all, 34 people have died in the city. In hard-hit New Jersey, 12 people have died. As people begin the recovery process, lines began forming at gas stations across the East Coast, prompting fuel shortages in many areas. About 4.7 million homes and businesses remain without power across the region.
- The man who sued his wife for birthing an ugly baby
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- Are differences in IQ to blame for income inequality?
- How to dramatically improve your memory
- Watch The Daily Show pit Pope Francis against Fox News' 'War on Christmas'
- Why learning which of your Facebook friends hate you is a great idea
- Do Republicans need a Plan B on ObamaCare?
Subscribe to the Week