Can America embrace biking like Denmark has?
Cycling can save enormous amounts of energy and money, says Austin Troy at Slate. But the United States remains resistant
Bike-sharing programs are taking off across the country, just one example of how our economy is shifting to one built around peer-to-peer marketplaces.
CC BY: nycstreets
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- The week's best photojournalism
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week