Kim Johnson surveys the destruction left by superstorm Sandy near her seaside apartment in Atlantic City, N.J. The storm left more than 80 people dead and millions without power. Click through for a look at more of the week's most captivating images from around the globe.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Rise of the machines
- 10 things you need to know today: October 20, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- It's time to kill school picture day
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week