head of Friday's unemployment report, the Dow Jones Industrial Average on Thursday climbed 139 points, or 1 percent, to end at 13,232.62, its largest one-day rally in weeks. Stocks were buoyed by a string of positive economic reports showing increased hiring in the private sector, growth in the manufacturing industry, and rising consumer confidence.
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- Is Biden helping or hurting U.S. interests in Asia?
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
Did God have a wife?
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Ryan Seacrest invested $1 million to transform your iPhone into a BlackBerry
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
- All the World Cup mascots, ranked
Subscribe to the Week