Kremlin officials on Thursday denied several reports that President Vladimir Putin is suffering from health problems. The Russian strongman has raised eyebrows by canceling planned trips to Turkey, Bulgaria, and India, and by working from home. A spokesman claimed that Putin was refraining from commuting in order to prevent his entourage from snarling traffic. Outside observers say Putin may be suffering from severe back aches, possibly caused by a widely publicized stunt in which he flew a hang glider to guide a flock of cranes on their first migration.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- The constant struggle of running a family farm in 21st century America
- How to stop misogynists from terrorizing the world of gamers
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
Subscribe to the Week