Kremlin officials on Thursday denied several reports that President Vladimir Putin is suffering from health problems. The Russian strongman has raised eyebrows by canceling planned trips to Turkey, Bulgaria, and India, and by working from home. A spokesman claimed that Putin was refraining from commuting in order to prevent his entourage from snarling traffic. Outside observers say Putin may be suffering from severe back aches, possibly caused by a widely publicized stunt in which he flew a hang glider to guide a flock of cranes on their first migration.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- Why Halbig and the conservative war on ObamaCare will fail
Subscribe to the Week