Kremlin officials on Thursday denied several reports that President Vladimir Putin is suffering from health problems. The Russian strongman has raised eyebrows by canceling planned trips to Turkey, Bulgaria, and India, and by working from home. A spokesman claimed that Putin was refraining from commuting in order to prevent his entourage from snarling traffic. Outside observers say Putin may be suffering from severe back aches, possibly caused by a widely publicized stunt in which he flew a hang glider to guide a flock of cranes on their first migration.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
Subscribe to the Week