he Labor Department reported on Friday that the economy added a solid 171,000 jobs in October, beating most economists' forecasts. The unemployment rate, however, ticked up to 7.9 percent, as more people entered the labor force looking for work. The jobs report is the last before Election Day, and could provide a boost to President Obama as he seeks to convince voters that the economy is on the right track.
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- 6 grammar points to watch out for in Christmas songs
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
- What every TV show can learn from Sleepy Hollow
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How Vanessa became Jacob
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
Subscribe to the Week