iehard Apple fans lined up in several Asian cities to buy iPad Minis on Friday, but the crowds were far smaller than they've been for rollouts of other blockbuster Apple products. The device won enthusiastic reviews from customers. "It's so thin and light and very cute — so cute!" buyer Ten Ebihara said at an Apple store in Tokyo. Analysts, however, said the iPad mini's price, $329, cooled enthusiasm, as rival small multimedia tablets are cheaper.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
Subscribe to the Week