Diehard Apple fans lined up in several Asian cities to buy iPad Minis on Friday, but the crowds were far smaller than they've been for rollouts of other blockbuster Apple products. The device won enthusiastic reviews from customers. "It's so thin and light and very cute — so cute!" buyer Ten Ebihara said at an Apple store in Tokyo. Analysts, however, said the iPad mini's price, $329, cooled enthusiasm, as rival small multimedia tablets are cheaper.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be charismatic, according to science
- How to develop a photographic memory in 4 easy steps
Subscribe to the Week