iehard Apple fans lined up in several Asian cities to buy iPad Minis on Friday, but the crowds were far smaller than they've been for rollouts of other blockbuster Apple products. The device won enthusiastic reviews from customers. "It's so thin and light and very cute — so cute!" buyer Ten Ebihara said at an Apple store in Tokyo. Analysts, however, said the iPad mini's price, $329, cooled enthusiasm, as rival small multimedia tablets are cheaper.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
- The case for killing law school
- Aereo at the Supreme Court: No matter what, broadcasters lose
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The Democrats have a mega-donor problem
- 10 things you need to know today: April 21, 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
Subscribe to the Week