eople for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wants a sign erected to honor hundreds of fish killed in a traffic accident. "Although such signs are usually reserved for human fatalities," PETA's Dina Kourda wrote officials in Irvine, Calif., "I hope you'll make an exception because of the enormous suffering involved in this case." The live saltwater bass were headed to market when their truck collided with two other vehicles.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Driverless cars may be an environmental disaster
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- The Daily Show has some fun mocking the CPAC power players
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
Subscribe to the Week