eople for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wants a sign erected to honor hundreds of fish killed in a traffic accident. "Although such signs are usually reserved for human fatalities," PETA's Dina Kourda wrote officials in Irvine, Calif., "I hope you'll make an exception because of the enormous suffering involved in this case." The live saltwater bass were headed to market when their truck collided with two other vehicles.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
Subscribe to the Week