A man is suing a New York church after the crucifix he prayed to every day toppled over and crushed his leg. David Jimenez, 45, says he was cleaning the heavy marble statue in gratitude for Jesus having cured his wife's cancer when it fell on him. Claiming the church was negligent, Jimenez seeks $3 million in damages.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Germany has a serious wolf problem
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: December 29, 2014
- How Sonia Sotomayor became the Supreme Court's preeminent defender of civil liberties
- There's a raging Islamic insurgency in Thailand's strangest party town
- Enjoying your cheap gas? Thank fracking — and the beauty of free markets!
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 7 things that will make you healthier and help you live longer, according to science
- Why we can't educate racism away
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week