A man is suing a New York church after the crucifix he prayed to every day toppled over and crushed his leg. David Jimenez, 45, says he was cleaning the heavy marble statue in gratitude for Jesus having cured his wife's cancer when it fell on him. Claiming the church was negligent, Jimenez seeks $3 million in damages.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 10 things you need to know today: September 22, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- Can the U.S. Army degrade and destroy Ebola?
Subscribe to the Week