A man is suing a New York church after the crucifix he prayed to every day toppled over and crushed his leg. David Jimenez, 45, says he was cleaning the heavy marble statue in gratitude for Jesus having cured his wife's cancer when it fell on him. Claiming the church was negligent, Jimenez seeks $3 million in damages.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 30, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What the Romney boomlet says about the establishment GOP's feeble 2016 field
- Christian conservatives have a terrifying new bogeyman: The Christian leftist
Subscribe to the Week