How to hurricane-proof New York: Mimic the Dutch
A $15-billion Dutch-style storm surge control system could have prevented America's biggest city from flooding, says Matthew Yglesias at Slate
A person tries to cross the street in Atlantic City, N.J., on Oct. 29 as Sandy bears down on the East Coast.
Zhang Jun/Xinhua Press/Corbis
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- 10 things you need to know today: July 31, 2014
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
Subscribe to the Week