How to hurricane-proof New York: Mimic the Dutch
A $15-billion Dutch-style storm surge control system could have prevented America's biggest city from flooding, says Matthew Yglesias at Slate
A person tries to cross the street in Atlantic City, N.J., on Oct. 29 as Sandy bears down on the East Coast.
Zhang Jun/Xinhua Press/Corbis
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 10 things you need to know today: April 19, 2014
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week