How to hurricane-proof New York: Mimic the Dutch
A $15-billion Dutch-style storm surge control system could have prevented America's biggest city from flooding, says Matthew Yglesias at Slate
A person tries to cross the street in Atlantic City, N.J., on Oct. 29 as Sandy bears down on the East Coast.
Zhang Jun/Xinhua Press/Corbis
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- How to make corn dogs
Subscribe to the Week