How to hurricane-proof New York: Mimic the Dutch
A $15-billion Dutch-style storm surge control system could have prevented America's biggest city from flooding, says Matthew Yglesias at Slate
A person tries to cross the street in Atlantic City, N.J., on Oct. 29 as Sandy bears down on the East Coast.
Zhang Jun/Xinhua Press/Corbis
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The week's best photojournalism
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
Subscribe to the Week