ue to ongoing labor disputes, the National Hockey League has canceled its 2013 Winter Classic at Michigan Stadium. The signature event, which was supposed to be held on Jan. 1 between the Detroit Red Wings and Toronto Maple Leafs, is the latest casualty of the labor dispute that has put the season on hold. Already, 326 games have been canceled through Nov. 30. In its most recent proposal, the NHL offered the players' union a 50-50 split of hockey-related revenues, which exceeded $3 billion last season, but that offer was rejected. The players responded with three offers that were also rejected in turn.
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- Why learning which of your Facebook friends hate you is a great idea
- How to dramatically improve your memory
- The indignity of canine bath time
- Are differences in IQ to blame for income inequality?
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
Subscribe to the Week