Fall in the Ozarks
Big Cedar Lodge, a deluxe getaway just outside Branson, Mo., is offering a family harvest-season special. Through Nov. 30, rates for a family of four start at $375 for two nights. The offer includes a tram tour of Dogwood Canyon. (800) 225-6343
The Waldorf Astoria’s seven locations in Florida and two in Puerto Rico are offering $50 resort credits per day, along with other discounts and perks, for stays through Dec. 19. Rates in Naples, Fla., start at $174 a night. waldorfastoria3.hilton.com
French country escape
Located just outside Deauville, Les Manoirs de Tourgéville offers charming lodges, sports facilities, and an idyllic rural setting. For stays through Dec. 28, doubles start at $240 a night and include a buffet breakfast. lesmanoirstourgeville.com
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Rise of the machines
Subscribe to the Week