resident Obama spent Saturday campaigning in Iowa and Wisconsin, two states Obama's advisers had felt more confident about taking just a few months ago. Obama also stumped in Ohio and Virginia. On Sunday he'll travel to Ohio again, as well as New Hampshire, Florida, and Colorado. GOP challenger Mitt Romney drew a huge crowd of 20,000 in Ohio on Friday. In a final plea with Colorado voters on Saturday, Romney said, "words are cheap and a record is real and it's earned with effort." He'll campaign in Pennsylvania, Iowa, Ohio, and Virginia on Sunday. Both campaigns continued to mobilize massive get out the vote efforts as early voting nears its end in some states.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 20, 2014
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
Subscribe to the Week