oselyn Ortega, 50, the Manhattan nanny accused of killing two of the children she was caring for on Oct. 25, was charged with first-degree murder on Saturday. Ortega had not been charged sooner because she was unable to speak after having stabbed herself in the throat when she was discovered in the bathroom of the Upper West Side apartment where the two children were found stabbed to death. Ortega spoke with detectives from her hospital bed on Saturday, but police did not give a motive or further information about Ortega's condition.
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- The last racial taboo
- Was the sign-language interpreter at the Mandela memorial faking it?
Six things your fingers say about you
Subscribe to the Week