Denver County election judge Paul Aragon of Colorado holds "I Voted!" stickers while waiting for passing motorists to drop off ballots outside the Denver Elections Division building in late October. With early voting coming to a close, and polls opening everywhere in just one day, the country awaits a verdict on the long, hard-fought campaign between President Obama and Mitt Romney.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
Subscribe to the Week