limbing to the top of a skyscraper is undeniably a challenging endeavor. But for Zac Vawter, it was even more difficult. The 31-year-old amputee made history when he became the first person with a prosthetic leg to climb all 103 flights of stairs at Chicago's Willis Tower, one of the world's tallest skyscrapers. With the help of his mind-controlled bionic leg, Vawter finished the ascent in roughly 45 minutes.
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- The secrets of happy families
- Americans are wealthier than ever*
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The science of making a guitar sound like a human voice
- Is the rent really too damn high?
Subscribe to the Week