Congratulations, Democrats. You won a presidential election with your candidate having campaigned for:
(a) gay marriage
(b) higher taxes on the wealthy
(c) entitlement reform (of some sort)
(d) common-sense regulations
(e) cutting the defense budget
... in a year in which millions of Americans are looking for jobs and the economy is on shaky footing.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The mechanized future of warfare
Subscribe to the Week