Congratulations, Democrats. You won a presidential election with your candidate having campaigned for:
(a) gay marriage
(b) higher taxes on the wealthy
(c) entitlement reform (of some sort)
(d) common-sense regulations
(e) cutting the defense budget
... in a year in which millions of Americans are looking for jobs and the economy is on shaky footing.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week