Congratulations, Democrats. You won a presidential election with your candidate having campaigned for:
(a) gay marriage
(b) higher taxes on the wealthy
(c) entitlement reform (of some sort)
(d) common-sense regulations
(e) cutting the defense budget
... in a year in which millions of Americans are looking for jobs and the economy is on shaky footing.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week