Congratulations, Democrats. You won a presidential election with your candidate having campaigned for:
(a) gay marriage
(b) higher taxes on the wealthy
(c) entitlement reform (of some sort)
(d) common-sense regulations
(e) cutting the defense budget
... in a year in which millions of Americans are looking for jobs and the economy is on shaky footing.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi dismantles another ObamaCare myth
Subscribe to the Week