Congratulations, Democrats. You won a presidential election with your candidate having campaigned for:
(a) gay marriage
(b) higher taxes on the wealthy
(c) entitlement reform (of some sort)
(d) common-sense regulations
(e) cutting the defense budget
... in a year in which millions of Americans are looking for jobs and the economy is on shaky footing.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week