President Obama's first term was hardly perfect, argues The Washington Post, but he is still by far the superior choice.
During a brief stop at an Obama for America office in Chicago, President Obama praised GOP challenger Mitt Romney for running "a spirited campaign." Obama noted that Romney's supporters are likely "working just as hard" as his own backers today, adding that the Democratic team still feels "confident we've got the votes to win." Indeed, Obama said, "I'm looking forward to the results... No matter what happens, I just want to say how much I appreciate everybody who has supported me."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week