How The Associated Press counts votes on Election Night
The AP's director of election services breaks down just how the news outlet figures out who the next president is
Early voters fill out their ballots for the presidential election on Oct. 27 in Miami: In some states affected by Superstorm Sandy, early voting has been partially disrupted because of the storm's effects.
Joe Raedle/Getty Images
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
Subscribe to the Week