Here are the latest electoral college results, according to the Associated Press: President Obama has 275 electoral votes, and Mitt Romney has 203 electoral votes. There are 60 electoral votes still in play. A candidate needs 270 to win. Stay tuned for the latest, as we'll continually update this post throughout the night.
President Obama wins:
California (55), Connecticut (7), Delaware (3), District of Columbia (3), Hawaii (4), Iowa (6) Illinois (20), Maine (4), Massachusetts (11), Maryland (10), Michigan (16), Minnesota (10), New Hampshire (4), New Jersey (14), New Mexico (5), New York (29), Ohio (18), Oregon (7) Pennsylvania (20), Rhode Island (3), Vermont (3), Washington (12), Wisconsin (10).
Mitt Romney wins:
Alabama (9), Arizona (11), Arkansas (6), Georgia (16), Idaho (4), Indiana (11), Kansas (6), Kentucky (8), Louisiana (8), Mississippi (6), Missouri (10), Montana (3), Nebraska (5), North Carolina (15), North Dakota (3), Oklahoma (7), South Carolina (9), South Dakota (3), Tennessee (11), Texas (38), Utah (6), West Virginia (5), Wyoming (3).
The states still in play:
Alaska (3), Colorado (9), Florida (29), Nevada (6), Virginia (13).
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
- Hey, Paul Ryan's new poverty plan isn't completely terrible!
Subscribe to the Week