ere are the latest results in the battle for the House of Representatives, according to the Associated Press: The GOP has 157 seats, and the Democrats have 91 seats. There are 187 seats still in play. In the 112th Congress, Republicans controlled 242 seats in the House, and Democrats had 193. A party must win 218 seats to seize the speaker's gavel. Stay tuned for the latest, as we'll continually update this post throughout the night.
Some notable results so far:
* House Majority Leader Eric Cantor was re-elected in Virginia
* House Speaker John Boehner was re-elected in Ohio
* Joe Wilson, who memorably shouted "You lie!" at the president, was re-elected in South Carolina
* Alan Grayson, the outspoken Florida Democrat, was elected in Florida
* Democrat Tammy Duckworth, a double-amputee and military veteran, unseated tea-partier Joe Walsh in Illinois
* Paul Ryan won re-election in Wisconsin
* Jesse Jackson Jr., who was recently hospitalized for a "mood disorder," was re-elected in Illinois
- The Black Death is back
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Watch The Daily Show try to cheer the end of congressional gridlock
- 10 things you need to know today: December 12, 2013
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
Subscribe to the Week