It's starting to look like a pretty good night for President Obama...
resident Obama has won Wisconsin's 10 Electoral College votes, according to Fox News and NBC News. In addition, he has won New Hampshire's 4 Electoral College votes, according to CBS News and the Associated Press.
While Obama's victory in New Hampshire is not much of a surprise, the Granite State is still one of the nine main swing swing states, and a victory there brings Obama 4 votes closer to the 270 he needs to win re-election.
The victory in Wisconsin could be a much bigger deal. If Obama win's Ohio's 18 electoral votes, combined with his victory in Pennsylvania (which supporters of Mitt Romney had described as a possible upset win), he would be a hair's breadth away from the magic threshold of 270. That means it may all come down to Ohio for Romney, a state that has shown a slim but durable lead for Obama in pre-election polls. Here, some reactions from Twitter:
Ohio can end it.— Joseph Weisenthal (@TheStalwart) November 7, 2012
Fox calls Wisconsin for Obama. Romney's Electoral College path starting to narrow. He badly needs FL/VA.— Cameron Joseph (@cam_joseph) November 7, 2012
- Is Biden helping or hurting U.S. interests in Asia?
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
- Top 7 insane homeowners association rules
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
Subscribe to the Week