nd that's a wrap — President Obama has won the election.
In the moments before major news networks called the race, Obama won Ohio's 18 Electoral College votes, according to NBC News and Fox News. In addition, he won Iowa's six Electoral College votes, according to NBC News and CNN. And in further bad news for Mitt Romney, The Denver Post projected that Obama won the battleground state of Colorado, earning another 10 electoral votes.
According to battleground projections, Obama has won 284 Electoral College votes, 14 more than the 270 needed to win the presidency.
Here, some reactions from the Twitterverse, including from the president himself:
We're all in this together. That's how we campaigned, and that's who we are. Thank you. -bo— Barack Obama (@BarackObama) November 7, 2012
Time for Republicans to do some soul searching dailycaller.com/2012/11/06/tim…— Matt K. Lewis (@mattklewis) November 7, 2012
Congratulations President Obama.Your team actually did run a great campaign operation -- all real when the Romney team's was hype.— Erick Erickson (@EWErickson) November 7, 2012
Election called at 11:15. Far sooner than most people -- including me -- thought it would.— The Fix (@TheFix) November 7, 2012
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The Black Death is back
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 10 things you need to know today: December 12, 2013
- Watch The Daily Show try to cheer the end of congressional gridlock
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- The toughest question for 2016 Democratic presidential candidates
Subscribe to the Week