President Obama has won a second term, according to projections from several news organizations. After clinching Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, and, perhaps most importantly, Ohio, the president has garnered well more than the 270 electoral votes he needs to secure a second term. While other key swing states — namely, Florida and Virginia — remain uncalled, the president has already crossed the finish line.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- This week I learned your coin toss odds are better than you think, and more
Subscribe to the Week