President Obama has won a second term, according to projections from several news organizations. After clinching Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, and, perhaps most importantly, Ohio, the president has garnered well more than the 270 electoral votes he needs to secure a second term. While other key swing states — namely, Florida and Virginia — remain uncalled, the president has already crossed the finish line.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The forgotten victims of the war in Ukraine
- 10 things you need to know today: July 28, 2014
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
Subscribe to the Week