President Obama has won a second term, according to projections from several news organizations. After clinching Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, and, perhaps most importantly, Ohio, the president has garnered well more than the 270 electoral votes he needs to secure a second term. While other key swing states — namely, Florida and Virginia — remain uncalled, the president has already crossed the finish line.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
Subscribe to the Week