President Obama has won a second term, according to projections from several news organizations. After clinching Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, and, perhaps most importantly, Ohio, the president has garnered well more than the 270 electoral votes he needs to secure a second term. While other key swing states — namely, Florida and Virginia — remain uncalled, the president has already crossed the finish line.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- California's epic drought
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week