wo western U.S. states, Colorado and Washington, voted to legalize the recreational use and sale of marijuana, putting both states at odds with federal law, which treats pot as illegal. In Washington, I-502 establishes licensed marijuana growers, processors, and retail stores where those over age 21 can purchase up to an ounce of the drug. The new law is similar in Colorado, where Amendment 64 makes it legal for businesses to sell and individuals to possess marijuana.
- 6 grammar points to watch out for in Christmas songs
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- 10 things you need to know today: December 7, 2013
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- The hotel of enlightenment
- The week's best photojournalism
- Is Biden helping or hurting U.S. interests in Asia?
Subscribe to the Week