wo western U.S. states, Colorado and Washington, voted to legalize the recreational use and sale of marijuana, putting both states at odds with federal law, which treats pot as illegal. In Washington, I-502 establishes licensed marijuana growers, processors, and retail stores where those over age 21 can purchase up to an ounce of the drug. The new law is similar in Colorado, where Amendment 64 makes it legal for businesses to sell and individuals to possess marijuana.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Attack of the invasive species
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
Subscribe to the Week