When the presidential race was called for Barack Obama on Tuesday night, America's media outlets got to work putting together their front pages for the next day. Ranging from hopeful (Canada's The Globe and Mail) to wary (Bloomberg BusinessWeek), Wednesday's A-1s and magazine covers certainly capture the mood of the nation, and the world. Here, a sampling:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week