hen the presidential race was called for Barack Obama on Tuesday night, America's media outlets got to work putting together their front pages for the next day. Ranging from hopeful (Canada's The Globe and Mail) to wary (Bloomberg BusinessWeek), Wednesday's A-1s and magazine covers certainly capture the mood of the nation, and the world. Here, a sampling:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: March 9, 2014
- This energy source could solve all of our problems — so why is no one talking about it?
Subscribe to the Week