When the presidential race was called for Barack Obama on Tuesday night, America's media outlets got to work putting together their front pages for the next day. Ranging from hopeful (Canada's The Globe and Mail) to wary (Bloomberg BusinessWeek), Wednesday's A-1s and magazine covers certainly capture the mood of the nation, and the world. Here, a sampling:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The culture war finally comes to the Catholic Church
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How science can help you survive scary movies
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
Subscribe to the Week