Democrats with renewed hope are partying like it's 2008. As networks began to call the election for the president shortly after 11 pm on Nov. 6, Obama supporters in New York (pictured), Chicago, and across the seas exhibited unbridled joy — celebrating not only Obama's win but the end of a draining, endless presidential race. Here's a look at 9 more purely ecstatic Obama supporters on election night.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
Subscribe to the Week