n Wednesday, a northeaster — a brutal storm characterized by a wintry slush of rain, snow, and strong winds — descended upon regions ravaged by Hurricane Sandy. Officials in New York said the storm could set back reconstruction efforts, while New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) said he expects many households to lose electricity. "I can see us actually moving backwards," he warned. More than 1,000 flights in and out of the Northeast have already been canceled due to the storm.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Time Warner Cable is raising your monthly rate again
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Why is the 'mor' in 'Voldemort' so evil-sounding?
- True Detective's dangerous lies about satanic ritual abuse
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 2 proven ways to increase your willpower — courtesy of the Cookie Monster
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- 10 things you need to know today: March 12, 2014
Subscribe to the Week