A woman struggles with her umbrella in the wind and snow in New York City. As if the Northeast weren't battered enough, a wintry storm dropped wet snow on New York and New Jersey this week threatening already taxed recovery efforts in the region that was devastated by superstorm Sandy. Click through for a look at more of the week's most eye-catching images from around the globe.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 10 things you need to know today: August 22, 2014
- Don't listen to Paul Ryan: The GOP is still the party of makers and takers
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
- What's wrong with Europe’s economy?
Subscribe to the Week