n Thursday, Jared Loughner, 24, who pleaded guilty to the 2011 Tucson, Ariz., shooting that left six people dead and 13 wounded, including former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D), was sentenced to seven consecutive life sentences in prison, plus 140 years. Giffords and her husband Mark Kelly attended the Thursday sentencing, where Kelly spoke for his wife, who is still recovering from her wounds. "You tried to create a world as dark and evil as your own," Kelly said. "Remember this: You failed."
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- The Black Death is back
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- Watch Fox News' Megyn Kelly claim Santa, like Jesus, is a white guy
- Millennial women have seriously narrowed the wage gap with men
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Marco Rubio wants his conservative cred back
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
Subscribe to the Week