t least 52 people are dead and another 22 are still missing after a 7.4-magnitude earthquake struck off the Pacific coast of Guatemala on Wednesday. The most severe damage was in the city of San Marcos in the northwest, where 30 buildings collapsed and streets were fractured. "We are continuing to send assistance and resources to people throughout the country who are without electricity, water, had their homes destroyed or are still at risk," President Otto Perez Molina told reporters.
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Did God have a wife?
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Battle in a blizzard
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- 5 theories to explain North Korea's big mysterious purge
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week