According to Entertainment Weekly, the newly-re-elected Vice President Joe Biden will guest star on the Nov. 15 episode of NBC's Parks and Recreation. The amiable, garrulous VP will play himself in a short scene in which local government worker Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler) gets to meet Biden, her "No. 1 crush," as an engagement present from her fiancé Ben (Adam Scott). The scene was actually shot in July, but had to be held until after the election due to Federal Election Commission rules, which would have classified the appearance as a "campaign contribution."
Check out the preview of next week's episode below, which features a suspensefully truncated glimpse of Biden's cameo:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- 10 things you need to know today: November 23, 2014
- How to rescue the American family and fix the broken school system in one fell swoop
- Why insects are the future of food
Subscribe to the Week