According to Entertainment Weekly, the newly-re-elected Vice President Joe Biden will guest star on the Nov. 15 episode of NBC's Parks and Recreation. The amiable, garrulous VP will play himself in a short scene in which local government worker Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler) gets to meet Biden, her "No. 1 crush," as an engagement present from her fiancé Ben (Adam Scott). The scene was actually shot in July, but had to be held until after the election due to Federal Election Commission rules, which would have classified the appearance as a "campaign contribution."
Check out the preview of next week's episode below, which features a suspensefully truncated glimpse of Biden's cameo:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week