According to Entertainment Weekly, the newly-re-elected Vice President Joe Biden will guest star on the Nov. 15 episode of NBC's Parks and Recreation. The amiable, garrulous VP will play himself in a short scene in which local government worker Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler) gets to meet Biden, her "No. 1 crush," as an engagement present from her fiancé Ben (Adam Scott). The scene was actually shot in July, but had to be held until after the election due to Federal Election Commission rules, which would have classified the appearance as a "campaign contribution."
Check out the preview of next week's episode below, which features a suspensefully truncated glimpse of Biden's cameo:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to live a long life, according to science
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week