According to Entertainment Weekly, the newly-re-elected Vice President Joe Biden will guest star on the Nov. 15 episode of NBC's Parks and Recreation. The amiable, garrulous VP will play himself in a short scene in which local government worker Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler) gets to meet Biden, her "No. 1 crush," as an engagement present from her fiancé Ben (Adam Scott). The scene was actually shot in July, but had to be held until after the election due to Federal Election Commission rules, which would have classified the appearance as a "campaign contribution."
Check out the preview of next week's episode below, which features a suspensefully truncated glimpse of Biden's cameo:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How to make classic pulled pork
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Game of Thrones is making a huge mistake by cutting Lady Stoneheart
- Twin Peaks: What the newly revealed 'missing pieces' change about the series
Subscribe to the Week