According to Entertainment Weekly, the newly-re-elected Vice President Joe Biden will guest star on the Nov. 15 episode of NBC's Parks and Recreation. The amiable, garrulous VP will play himself in a short scene in which local government worker Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler) gets to meet Biden, her "No. 1 crush," as an engagement present from her fiancé Ben (Adam Scott). The scene was actually shot in July, but had to be held until after the election due to Federal Election Commission rules, which would have classified the appearance as a "campaign contribution."
Check out the preview of next week's episode below, which features a suspensefully truncated glimpse of Biden's cameo:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
- Today in history: Lincoln reveals the real goal of the Civil War
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
Subscribe to the Week