he latest iPhone boasts all sorts of high-tech bells and whistles, but its speakers certainly can't fill up a room. Thankfully, you can remedy that problem with a decidedly low-tech solution, thanks to Restoration Hardware's iPhone Gramophone ($249). The sound dock looks like a traditional gramophone, complete with an iconic speaker horn made of iron and brass, plus a walnut base. But be warned: This gadget has a classic look and therefore a classic sound, says Eric Larson at Mashable. "Don't expect high-definition quality." Source: Mashable
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- 10 things you need to know today: April 18, 2014
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
Subscribe to the Week