The latest iPhone boasts all sorts of high-tech bells and whistles, but its speakers certainly can't fill up a room. Thankfully, you can remedy that problem with a decidedly low-tech solution, thanks to Restoration Hardware's iPhone Gramophone ($249). The sound dock looks like a traditional gramophone, complete with an iconic speaker horn made of iron and brass, plus a walnut base. But be warned: This gadget has a classic look and therefore a classic sound, says Eric Larson at Mashable. "Don't expect high-definition quality." Source: Mashable
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- Girls on Film: 5 essential World War II movies directed by women
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
Subscribe to the Week