The latest iPhone boasts all sorts of high-tech bells and whistles, but its speakers certainly can't fill up a room. Thankfully, you can remedy that problem with a decidedly low-tech solution, thanks to Restoration Hardware's iPhone Gramophone ($249). The sound dock looks like a traditional gramophone, complete with an iconic speaker horn made of iron and brass, plus a walnut base. But be warned: This gadget has a classic look and therefore a classic sound, says Eric Larson at Mashable. "Don't expect high-definition quality." Source: Mashable
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 29 adorable slang terms for sex (from the last 600 years)
- Why I choose not to be rich
- Here's the last time Russia shot down a passenger plane
- What if The Purge was real?
Subscribe to the Week