The latest iPhone boasts all sorts of high-tech bells and whistles, but its speakers certainly can't fill up a room. Thankfully, you can remedy that problem with a decidedly low-tech solution, thanks to Restoration Hardware's iPhone Gramophone ($249). The sound dock looks like a traditional gramophone, complete with an iconic speaker horn made of iron and brass, plus a walnut base. But be warned: This gadget has a classic look and therefore a classic sound, says Eric Larson at Mashable. "Don't expect high-definition quality." Source: Mashable
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to make corn dogs
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
Subscribe to the Week