he latest iPhone boasts all sorts of high-tech bells and whistles, but its speakers certainly can't fill up a room. Thankfully, you can remedy that problem with a decidedly low-tech solution, thanks to Restoration Hardware's iPhone Gramophone ($249). The sound dock looks like a traditional gramophone, complete with an iconic speaker horn made of iron and brass, plus a walnut base. But be warned: This gadget has a classic look and therefore a classic sound, says Eric Larson at Mashable. "Don't expect high-definition quality." Source: Mashable
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
Subscribe to the Week