srael fired a warning shot into Syria on Sunday after a stray mortar from Syria hit a military post in the Golan Heights. No injuries or damage were reported in Israel. Israel captured the Golan Heights from Syria in the 1967 Mideast war and subsequently annexed it. The incident was the first time Israel has been drawn into the fighting in the neighboring country. Meanwhile, the Syrian opposition, holding critical meetings in Qatar, agreed Saturday to a new coalition to oppose President Bashar al-Assad. One Islamist opposition delegate said a new leader and deputy would be chosen on Sunday evening.
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Was the sign-language interpreter at the Mandela memorial faking it?
- The last racial taboo
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- How the Great Recession has changed the way we shop — even during the holidays
Subscribe to the Week