resident Obama marked Veterans Day on Sunday by laying a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Arlington National Cemetery. Obama noted that this is the first Veterans Day in a decade when no American soldiers are fighting in Iraq and pledged the federal government's support for the million-plus members of the military who will be returning to civilian life over the next few years in the wake of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. "Our heroes are coming home," Obama said. "No one who fights for this country overseas should ever have to fight for a job, or a roof over their head, or the care that they have earned when they come home."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Attack of the invasive species
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 19, 2014
- How Captain America won over China
- When will the Big One strike California?
Subscribe to the Week