he Los Angeles Lakers have hired former Phoenix Suns and New York Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni to replace head coach Mike Brown, who was fired last week just one month into his second season after a disappointing 1-4 start. The 16-time NBA champions signed D'Antoni — known for his up-tempo offense — to a three-year contract, with a team option for a fourth season, after negotiations broke down with former Lakers coach Phil Jackson, who has led 11 NBA championship teams.
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- 10 things you need to know today: December 6, 2013
- The 13-year-old CEO who invented a cure for hiccups
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- 'Mexican Barbie' and 10 other controversial Barbies [Updated]
Did God have a wife?
- The week's best photojournalism
Subscribe to the Week