n Israel tank made "direct hits" Monday on a Syrian military vehicle after a Syrian mortar shell landed in the Israeli-held Golan Heights. It was the first direct confrontation between the countries since the Syrian uprising erupted last year. Thus far, Israel has tried to avoid getting involved in the conflict, "but it has grown increasingly worried after a series of mortar shells have struck territory in the Israeli-controlled Golan Heights." The Israeli government has even begun investigating whether any of the Syrian cross-border fire has been intentional.
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The Black Death is back
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
Subscribe to the Week