ith the unexpected resignation of David Petraeus as director of the CIA, President Obama faces the task of finding a replacement. Petraeus' successor will helm the agency at a time when its role in protecting national security has been significantly enlarged, thanks to the Obama administration's heavy reliance on CIA-operated drones to target suspected terrorist safe havens. Here, a guide to the contenders:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
5 surprising facts about left-handed people
Subscribe to the Week