ith the unexpected resignation of David Petraeus as director of the CIA, President Obama faces the task of finding a replacement. Petraeus' successor will helm the agency at a time when its role in protecting national security has been significantly enlarged, thanks to the Obama administration's heavy reliance on CIA-operated drones to target suspected terrorist safe havens. Here, a guide to the contenders:
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- What makes a word the word of the year?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The executioners' lament
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- 6 grammar points to watch out for in Christmas songs
- 10 things you need to know today: December 8, 2013
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
Subscribe to the Week