espite early indications that Sen. John Kerry was in line to replace Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State, both The New York Times and The Washington Post reported Monday that United Nations Ambassador Susan Rice would "almost certainly" get the job. The Times said that although Rice is "the favorite," both she and Kerry "have a reservoir of good will in the Oval Office," and if Kerry doesn't get Clinton's job he could be in line to become the next Secretary of Defense.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Obama's next steps on immigration
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
Subscribe to the Week