Despite early indications that Sen. John Kerry was in line to replace Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State, both The New York Times and The Washington Post reported Monday that United Nations Ambassador Susan Rice would "almost certainly" get the job. The Times said that although Rice is "the favorite," both she and Kerry "have a reservoir of good will in the Oval Office," and if Kerry doesn't get Clinton's job he could be in line to become the next Secretary of Defense.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 7 tips for keeping your man (from the 1950s)
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- 10 ways to gain real superpowers that will change your life
Subscribe to the Week