The David Petraeus affair: How often do biographers fall for their subjects?
Paula Broadwell probably isn't the first biographer to sleep with a high-profile subject, says Brian Palmer at Slate. She's just the first to get caught
David Petraeus and Paula Broadwell reportedly started their affair shortly after Petraeus began heading the CIA in September 2011.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- The constant struggle of running a family farm in 21st century America
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- How to stop misogynists from terrorizing the world of gamers
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week