The David Petraeus affair: How often do biographers fall for their subjects?
Paula Broadwell probably isn't the first biographer to sleep with a high-profile subject, says Brian Palmer at Slate. She's just the first to get caught
David Petraeus and Paula Broadwell reportedly started their affair shortly after Petraeus began heading the CIA in September 2011.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Attack of the invasive species
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- How the elderly are treated around the world
Subscribe to the Week