ep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-Ill.), who on Tuesday was released from the Mayo Clinic where he was being treated for bipolar disorder, has reportedly hired a lawyer to negotiate a plea deal over allegations that he misused campaign funds. Jackson, who won re-election last week, has been on medical leave since June. The federal government has accused him of using campaign funds to decorate his home and buy a $40,000 watch for a friend. The deal would mean he has to resign from the House, where he has served since 1995, and he'd likely face jail time.
- Are differences in IQ to blame for income inequality?
- Why learning which of your Facebook friends hate you is a great idea
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Watch The Daily Show pit Pope Francis against Fox News' 'War on Christmas'
- The indignity of canine bath time
- 'You and I' vs. 'You and me'
- How to dramatically improve your memory
Subscribe to the Week