The forgotten Texas law that could theoretically allow the state to secede
Thanks to an archaic rule, Texas could actually mess with us, says Jeff Turrentine at Slate
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Today in history: Lincoln reveals the real goal of the Civil War
- Inside America's crumbling infrastructure
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
Subscribe to the Week