Why Siri is still terrible
Apple's voice assistant remains a huge disappointment, says Farhad Manjoo at Slate. But Google Voice Search is getting close to fulfilling Apple's broken promise
Almost eight months after Siri's debut on the iPhone 4S, Apple CEO Tim Cook is still promising improved versions of the faulty voice assistant.
AP Photo/Paul Sakuma
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
Subscribe to the Week