Why Siri is still terrible
Apple's voice assistant remains a huge disappointment, says Farhad Manjoo at Slate. But Google Voice Search is getting close to fulfilling Apple's broken promise
Almost eight months after Siri's debut on the iPhone 4S, Apple CEO Tim Cook is still promising improved versions of the faulty voice assistant.
AP Photo/Paul Sakuma
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- How Community's Dean Pelton broke new ground for sexual politics on television
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week