epalese policemen apply dyed powder and perform rituals on a dog during the Tihar festival — dedicated to the worship of the Goddess of wealth Laxmi — at a police kennel in Kathmandu. Dogs are typically honored during the festival for their role in providing security. Click through for a look at more of the week's most impressive images from around the world.
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The executioners' lament
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- Laura van den Berg's 6 favorite unconventional mystery novels
- Is it finally time to start paying college athletes?
- China's massive pollution problem
Subscribe to the Week