Nepalese policemen apply dyed powder and perform rituals on a dog during the Tihar festival — dedicated to the worship of the Goddess of wealth Laxmi — at a police kennel in Kathmandu. Dogs are typically honored during the festival for their role in providing security. Click through for a look at more of the week's most impressive images from around the world.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
Subscribe to the Week