he song: A track from recent GQ cover model Rihanna's new album, Unapologetic, leaked on the internet today, which wouldn't exactly be big news were it not for the single's notable guest star: Chris Brown. The pair's recently rekindled romance has made Rihanna and Chris Brown popular targets for gossip rags, especially considering the unlikelihood of a reunion after the infamous 2009 incident that left the Barbados beauty bloodied at the hands of an enraged Brown.
Have a listen:
The reaction: The track, "Nobody's Business," is a poppy throwback to a "The Way You Make Me Feel"-era Michael Jackson, says Rich Juzwiak at Gawker. And unfortunately for those of us looking to sneer at this couple, it's really great — "light, full of hooks, and delivered well by both parties." Rihanna and Brown are back, "and it feels so cognitively dissonant." Eh, that's probably the point, says Sam Lansky at Idolator. "Whatever your feelings on Rihanna and Brown working together, the track will definitely get attention."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 10 things you need to know today: March 10, 2014
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The GOP must try to win over African Americans
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
Subscribe to the Week