The song: A track from recent GQ cover model Rihanna's new album, Unapologetic, leaked on the internet today, which wouldn't exactly be big news were it not for the single's notable guest star: Chris Brown. The pair's recently rekindled romance has made Rihanna and Chris Brown popular targets for gossip rags, especially considering the unlikelihood of a reunion after the infamous 2009 incident that left the Barbados beauty bloodied at the hands of an enraged Brown.
Have a listen:
The reaction: The track, "Nobody's Business," is a poppy throwback to a "The Way You Make Me Feel"-era Michael Jackson, says Rich Juzwiak at Gawker. And unfortunately for those of us looking to sneer at this couple, it's really great — "light, full of hooks, and delivered well by both parties." Rihanna and Brown are back, "and it feels so cognitively dissonant." Eh, that's probably the point, says Sam Lansky at Idolator. "Whatever your feelings on Rihanna and Brown working together, the track will definitely get attention."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Briefing: Offshore drilling and the environment
Subscribe to the Week